New hope for chronic heart conditions
Ellis continues to bring the latest and most promising technology and treatment options to help us deliver world-class cardiac services in a community hospital setting.
The Wright Heart Center at Ellis Medicine is home to one of the region’s leading cardiac programs. Building on our integrated, team approach, we’ve introduced advanced diagnosis and treatment capabilities, new minimally invasive surgical techniques and life-saving cardiac emergency protocols, to provide top quality cardiac care in a community hospital setting. And Ellis continues to bring innovative new technology and treatment options to Schenectady and the Capital Region. It’s all part of our commitment to keep our community healthy, reduce hospital stays and lower medical costs.
Learn more about our new cardiac initiatives:
- Hybrid Procedure for A-Fib Patients: Ellis is the first and only hospital system in the area to offer a combined surgical and catheter-based procedure, known as hybrid ablation, to treat patients suffering from chronic atrial fibrillation or a-fib.
- Heart Disease Screening For Women: A new program at Bellevue Woman's Center helps identify and care for women with risk factors for heart disease.
- Radial Catheterization/Angioplasty: Minimally invasive procedure that enters through the wrist to speed recovery and reduce hospital stays.
- Cardiac Surgery Program: Rededicating our commitment to provide the very best heart surgery outcomes, reduce readmissions and lower costs.
- Cardiac Fast Track: Our dedicated chest pain unit represents the future of emergency care for heart attacks, providing quick response for better patient outcomes.
- WATCHMAN Device Implant Procedure: Ellis is among the first hospitals in New York State to offer this procedure which is a proven alternative to long-term warfarin therapy – reducing stroke risk in patients with AFib.
Comprehensive cardiac care for our community:
- Cardiac ER: Delivering faster response in life-threatening cardiac emergencies
- Diagnosis: Sophisticated imaging and evaluation to accurately identify heart problems.
- Community Wellness Program: Helping heart disease patients manage their health.
- Rehabilitation: Customized programs to help patients resume active lifestyles.
This article from Becker’s Hospital Review notes that Ellis is in the top 51 hospitals nationally with the lowest heart attack readmission rates, with data according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The national average is 16.8% readmission rate – Ellis stands at 14.4% readmission.
Talk to your primary care physician or click here to find a doctor.
For more information about Ellis Medicine’s Wright Heart Center or Emergency Care, please call 1.888.EllisInfo (1.888.355.4746) or 518.243.3333.